Friday, August 24, 2012

Get French in Kinsale, Ireland

After a few days on our trip, we started doing a rotation to select dinner places.  My sister-in-law picked Max's Wine bar for our first dinner in Kinsale.  Know for its fusion of French and Irish cuisine.  The place was definitely a little more expensive then most places we ate on this trip, but their early bird twp & three course specials made it a little easier.
Oyster Sampler

Definitely plenty of items on the menu that were different from our normal fare.  Between us, we had one fish entree, two Pork Belly entrees and I had a pheasant dish.  We also started with some oysters and some seafood bisque.  The bisque and oyster were quite good.
Pork Belly

As you may imagined, most of the food was very buttery, that is kind of what you expect with French cooking.  The pork belly was quite flavorful, a little rich for most and I tried a bite, did not quite care for the maple glaze, not my thing.
Pheasant

My pheasant was pretty good, but not outstanding.  We split some desserts that were very good as well.  I think we all agreed that it probably wasn't that the food was not good as much as our group is not real big on French style cuisine.

Based on my taste, I will give it 2.5, but I am guessing if you love French cuisine, you would enjoy Max's just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment