Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fenton's Of Dingle

 Our first night in Dingle we dined at Fenton's based on the recommendation of our B&B (Milestone).  We had the option to eat inside or in the outdoor seating area in back which was like a little outdoor garden patio, nice but there were a few bugs.


Overall the food was pretty good, my favorite part was a smoked mackerel pate that they brought out to our table as a starter.  I believe our group has one fish entree, two chicken and I got the Chargrilled Kerry striploin of (Beef) Steak.  Others very much liked their chicken, my steak was just okay, flavor was okay, but definitely overcooked as I requested Medium Rare and got Medium Well, I am kind of picky when it comes to over cooking steaks.  There was no pink left in this steak :(
Steak overcooked and not overly large portion

Coffee Ice Cream
The sides came family style, they were quite good.  My wife enjoyed her coffe ice cream, but the highlight of the meal was the rhubarb crumble for dessert, we almost returned just to have that again!

Overall, food was pretty good, little pricey for the portion sizes, I'd go again for the crumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment