Monday, April 16, 2012

Big Kodiak was a Big Flop

On a recent trip to Brainerd, MN took the family to Grizzly's Wood Fire Grill along with some friends. They had chicken and beef going on a rotisserie that looked pretty good, but for some reason my mind was on a burger. Feeling pretty hungry and needing some fuel to chase my kids around the water park, I landed on the Kodiak Burger. On looks it scored as easy 4, but taste did not match up with how it looked. See description from menu below, sounds good, right?

KODIAK
For those man enough to tackle it: A full pound of freshground
beef, thick slab bacon, aged cheddar cheese, fried
onions, lettuce, and tomato. Not for the meek!

I guess the fixings on the burger were actually pretty good, but the burger itself was so dry and flavorless, nothing was going to overcome that. It obviously was a premade frozen burger from some food service distributor and I am pretty sure it was pre-cooked and just reheated. I honestly have not had a burger this bad in quite some time. Definitely could not score my burger any higher then a one.

My wife got the Bear Creek Pasta, looked good, but she felt it was nothing special, but not terrible either. Kids got chicken fingers and mini-corn dogs, they seemed pretty good. The other couple got the Smoked Brisket meal and Avocado Bacon Ranch sandwich, they were pretty satisfied with their meals. Might have to go to Famous Dave's or Buffalo Wild Wings next time I need food in Brainerd/Baxter area.

No comments:

Post a Comment