Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rye High

A coworker mentioned he check out this deli / bar not too far from work that had delicious smoked meats, he did mention that sandwiches were a little pricey, but did not think much of it.  A few weeks later, a couple engineers from the office ventured over to Rye off of Hennepin in Uptown Minneapolis.

  First thing that caught our attention was the cost of sandwiches, most everything was $11-14 for a sandwich that came with a couple pickle slices and small cole slaw on the side.  Everything looked and sounded pretty good, but one engineer opted to just watch rather then eat based on price.


I got their Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich (Pastrami).  The sandwich came out on the plate, not overly substantial in size, nor did it have much for curb appeal on the plate, pretty simple and drab looking for the price.  The quality of the meat was very high and very tasty, but the rest of the sandwich did not knock me off my feet.  The pickles were obviously homemade and pretty tasty, but the cole slaw was very oily, not my cup of tea.  Overall, pretty good sandwich, I give it a three, maybe higher (3.5) if it didn't cost so much or I got a bigger portion.
Original Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich



One co-worker got a sandwich called the Jubano, looked much tastier and fancier then what I got, little more bang for the buck.  I did not try it, but he said it was great.  Some day in the future, I'll likely get the Jubano on someone else's dime ;)
Jubano with some Impact on the Plate

Diet Dr. Brown's Black Cherry was Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment