Friday, May 4, 2012

Disney's Flyng Fish Cafe was Delightful

Back in early April a work conference brought me to the Disney Yacht Club near Orlando, FL.  Overall, very busy and many of our breakfasts and lunches were catered in as part of the conference and for the most part were pretty standard but good, they always have awesome fresh fruit!

My one evening out with a co-worker, we hit up the Flying Fish Cafe, part of the Disney Boardwalk, not too far from Epcot.  It was fairly busy, but were were able to get a nice pair of seats at a bar that looked into the kitchen, made for an entertaining dining experience.

We got things started with a Yellowfin Tuna Tartare and crispy Tempura Tuna-Vegetable Sushi Roll appetizer.  This thing was super delicious, only complaints that is was only 3 pieces and hard for two to split equally and wish we would have got two!


For dinner, I ordered the Signature Flying Fish Café “Potato-wrapped Red Snapper.  It was quite flavorful and cooked perfectly.  Really no complaints other then after seeing the filet sized Char Crusted Tuna that my buddy ordered, I really wish I had ordered that.  He said it was awesome.

Overall, fun dining experience, very nice and good food with out being stuffy.  I'd give my meal a 4, probably would have been a 5 if I'd ordered the tuna!

No comments:

Post a Comment