Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bomb Braised Beef @ The Lowry

This will be the first real time blog entry, as I go forward, the plan is to keep current with recent dining experiences and fill the lulls with some of my past experiences and all time favorites.

Today's work lunch brought me to The Lowry, which touts itself as an urban diner. The Lowry is obviously a little more upscale then your average diner. How many diners do you know serve fresh oysters and have a large bar with about 30 beers on tap?

Most of the table opted for the Lowry Burger and all gave it a thumbs up, might have to try that on a return trip. For some reason, I was not all about a burger today, so after much contemplating, I decided the Braised Beef Sandwich would be my selection.

For starters, my sandwich was stuffed with beef, good problem for this guy. The beef itself was moist without being sloppy with a very smooth flavor. The spicy peppers and horseradish added a nice smooth heat to the sandwich and still delivered a layered flavor, finished off with just a little lettuce and a few fries under the beef for good measure! The ciabatta roll held up to the sandwich without being bready. The sandwich comes with cole slaw, but I opted for fries. The fries were thin, tasty and cooked perfectly. This sandwich gets a solid 4 rating!


Overall I like The Lowry more than I initially thought I would, this will definitely be in the rotation for future work luncheons.

No comments:

Post a Comment