Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Solid Po'Boy at the Bullfrog

Here is a most recent review from a work lunch a few weeks back at the Bullfrog Cajun Bar in Minneapolis. We actually used a Crowd Cut deal, cajun food at half price close to work, seemed like a good fit. As I browsed the menu, I was tempted by many solid looking burgers, but I had eaten a burger for lunch the day before at Cooper's Pub (OK - but nothing special) and was grilling turkey burgers at home for dinner that night.

So my attention shifted to the Po'boys; they had several to choose from. I settled in on the Catfish Poboy and opted for a cup of gumbo over the standard sweet potato fries. The rest of my mates all got burgers (Stilton, Popper, Porky Pig & Buffalo Bison), all were very impressed except the guy that got the Bison Burger. We did have some starters, Steamed Crawdad Basket & Fried Pickles. Thumbs up on Fried Pickles and Crawdads were pretty lame, never had crawdads from Louisiana so nothing to compare to, but none of us were impressed.

My Po'Boy had simple ingredients, pickles, tomatoes, shredded lettuce and some very tasty chipotle mayo. The catfish was excellent, bread was fresh and sandwich had good flavor and was perfect after I added a splash or two of Louisiana hot sauce under the top bun. Gumbo was decent, but the meal definitely hit the spot, and if I was in the mood for fish, would for sure get it again. I did try some of the Sweet Potato Fries and they were very tasty.

I have one more Crowd Cut for this place, I am definitely going back to try the Popper Burger, so watch for a future review on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment